Website Builder v6 features a Twitter® app that lets you display tweets from your Twitter account or users you specify. You can also display tweet replies and mentions, and include hashtags and text selections in search terms.
Note: This article is for Website Builder version 6. Are you using Website Builder Version 7? If so, check out Adding apps.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- In your Products list click Website Builder, and then click Manage next to the account you want to use.
- Click Design Your Pages.
- If necessary, from the Page menu, select the page you want to modify.
- Click Social, and then drag and drop the Twitter icon over a Drop Zone. Drop Zones display on your Web pages when you hover over them.
- In the Title section, enter a name you want to display with the Twitter app.
- To display tweets from your account, select My tweets, and then do the following:
- Click Connect to Twitter.
- Enter the user name and password for your Twitter account.
- Click Authorize app.
- To display tweets directed at you, select Include @ replies.
- To display tweets forwarded to you, select Include retweets.
- To display tweets from users you follow, select Include followed users' tweets.
- To display tweets from a specific user, select Search public tweets, and then do the following
- In the Twitter usernames section, enter the names of the users whose tweets you want to display.
- To display tweets directed at the users you entered, select Include @ replies.
- To display tweets that include the names of users you entered, select Include mentions.
- To display tweets associated with particular hashtags or topics, enter those terms in the #Hashtags field.
- To display tweets associated with particular search terms, enter the search terms in the Search terms field.
- Go to the Color tab, and then select a color for your heading, the characters in your tweets, the background behind tweets, and the links your tweets display.
- Go to the Preview tab, and then review your Twitter app to make sure it displays correctly.
- Click OK.