Change which comments require moderation in WordPress
You can configure WordPress to automatically mark comments to be moderated based on keywords, names, URLs, email address or IP addresses that you specify. This is an effective way to help prevent comment spam.
- Log in to WordPress
- Go to Settings > Discussion
- Locate the Comment Moderation section
- Enter any of the following into the box, one item per line:
- Keywords or phrases
- Domains or URLs
- Email addresses
- IP addresses
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click Save Changes.
- Log into a test user and try to submit a comment that includes something you marked for moderation in your settings.
- Return to Preventing WordPress comment spam.
- For more information about our premium support for WordPress, please visit our WP Premium Support Catalog.