Upload your website files in cPanel Shared Hosting
This video and the instructions below it explain how you can upload your website files to your GoDaddy hosting account using the cPanel File Manager.
You can upload your website files directly through cPanel. This will publish your website live on the internet.
Note: As an alternative to the cPanel File Manager, you can instead upload your files with an FTP client.
Preparing your files
Uploading more than one file? You can save yourself a lot of time by creating a
ZIP file on your computer with all of your website files. This is because the file manager in cPanel can only upload one file at a time.
Upload your files
- In your cPanel dashboard, under Files, click File Manager.
- Not in cPanel? Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Next to the account you want to use, click Manage.
- If an option window displays, select the directory you want to open, and then click Go.
Note: cPanel uses
public_htmlas the root directory of your primary domain name's website. If you want to upload your website to the internet, this is where you should start. If you want to upload a website for a secondary or add-on domain, you should first verify your website's root directory.
- Navigate to the directory where you want to upload the file.
- Click Choose File, locate the file on your local machine, and then click OK.
- After you upload the file you want, click Back to....
- Repeat these steps for any other files you want to upload.
Now that your website is uploaded, you can visit your website by navigating to your domain in your web browser.
- If you used this guide to upload a
ZIPfile, you can unzip that file with the file manager.
- If you also need to upload or import a MySQL database for your website, you can create a database, then import that your SQL file into that database.